Do you know anyone who is still working from home thanks to COVID-19 safety measures? If you’re like most people, you know quite a few people. You may find yourself working from the kitchen table or home office as well. While some are complaining about the long-term interruption of their professional lives, others are hitting the road and turning a stressful situation into a rewarding adventure.
RV sales are on the rise in the United States, thanks to a few current trends:
- The younger generation is quite active. They want to spend their time outdoors and embrace the freedom to roam in an RV.
- Many new retirees are hitting the road in RVs rather than retiring to the beach or remaining at home.
- Millions of people forced to socially distance and work from home are redefining the definition of “home.” If you can work from a mountain resort or state park surrounded by nature instead of your kitchen table, why not take advantage of the opportunity?
The pandemic has forced many people to spend weeks if not months indoors with limited contact with friends and family. That has resulted in heightened reports of depression and anxiety along with increased use of alcohol. That may explain why so many people are now purchasing RVs and taking their newly transformed lives on the road.
There are many reasons to work from the road rather than your living room:
- A private RV allows you to travel independently while social distancing, avoiding crowds that naturally come with the airport or a bus station.
- There are beautiful, quiet locations across the U.S. where you can work in a calm environment. Your surroundings may ease the stress that comes with remote work.
- RVing is one of the safest ways to travel today. If you’re more concerned about safety now than ever before, you’re not alone. Safety has been a primary issue for many people investing in RVs since late 2019.
- Traveling in an RV is a great way to bond with your loved ones while enjoying new experiences together. Traveling will give every member of the family something to get excited about, especially if you’ve been cooped up in the house for months.
If you like the idea of slipping into an RV and taking your remote work on the road, there are some things to think about. First, make sure that your employer has no problem with your plan to work while traveling.
The next step is to minimize the amount of equipment you will need to work away from home and determine how you will make it work in the confined space of an RV. Keep in mind that you may gain outdoor space once you find parking space for your RV. You won’t always have to work inside the motor home. Isn’t getting outdoors the point of roaming while you work?
Finally, you need to search for dealers online with a reputable service like Auto Finders. These services allow you to quickly locate dealers with new and used RVs for sale around the country. Shopping around is the fastest way to get the best deals.
The pandemic has changed how we all view work. If your dream is to live on the road, now is the time to jump on the trend of roaming work.